BIG SUMMER KICK-OFF ... June 10 @ Mount Nittany MS
SPYF SPRING CALENDAR
JAN 7 SPYF MEETINGS & SUNDAY SCHOOL BEGIN
JAN 14 MOUNTAIN T.O.P. MOVIE NIGHT @ SPYF
JAN 28 CONFIRMATION ORIENTATION @ SPYF
FEB 1-4 CREATED BY GOD EVENT (gr. 5-7)
FEB 2-4 SALT 'N LIGHT ZETEO CONFERENCE (gr. 7-12)
MAR 11 SPYF EVENT: MESSY GAME NIGHT
MAR 16-17 CONFIRMATION RETREAT #1
MAR 22 MOUNTAIN T.O.P. FULL TEAM MEETING
APR 6-7 CONFIRMATION RETREAT #2
APR 29 MILES FOR MISSIONS RUN/WALK @ GRANGE FAIRGROUNDS
MAY 11-12 CONFIRMATION TRIP/RETREAT #3
MAY 20 CONFIRMATION SUNDAY
MAY 24 MOUNTAIN T.O.P. FULL TEAM MEETING
JUNE 3 FINAL SPYF MEETINGS FOR SPRING
JUNE 10 BIG SUMMER KICK-OFF @ MOUNT NITTANY MIDDLE SCHOOL
JUNE 23-JULY1 MOUNTAIN T.O.P. MISSION TRIP
MOUNTAIN TOP 2018: June 23-July 1, 2018
This summer's youth mission trip to Mountain T.O.P. will mark the 19th consecutive summer St. Paul's has sent a team to serve with this wonderful ministry in the mountains of Tennessee. Listed below are a couple of basics about the trip; please email Dave Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions!
- New for this year: Two mandatory team meetings for teambuilding and training of our entire Mountain T.O.P. team: March 22 and May 24, each from 7-8PM.
- The cost of the trip is $395 per person. Each hour spent serving with the team in yard work and other service projects earns $10 off that cost, up to 12 hours. A full 12 hours' service brings the individual trip cost to $275.
- "3+" Discount: Families sending 3 or more youth on the trip will only pay the fees for two of them.
Sunday evening SPYF meetings will begin for the spring on January 7. Meeting on the 3rd floor of the Education Center, SPYF begins with dinner each week at 5:30, followed by a lesson, discussion, and game time, which wraps up at 8pm. All in grades 6-12 are welcome!
Would you be willing and able to provide dinner for SPYF on one Sunday evening this spring? A couple of important points for our SPYF Hosts:
* Please keep all food free of nuts because of severe allergies in our group.
* Please provide a meatless option for those who wish to eat a vegetarian diet.
* Please plan to serve dinner around 5:45PM.
* Please prepare to be appreciated in a big way by our SPYF students and leaders.
SPYF Sunday School meets at 9:15 on Sunday mornings on the 3rd floor of the Education Center. This class provides another study opportunity for SPYF students. Led by a team of volunteers from St. Paul’s, the Sunday school class also provides an opportunity for St. Paul’s youth to build deeper relationships with other generations from the St. Paul’s & Wesley Foundation family. All students in grades 6-12 are welcome!