Put your everyday shopping dollars to work for St. Paul’s with scrip
What is scrip? It’s an on-going fundraiser for St. Paul’s UMC and Wesley Foundation. We’ve been partnering with Great Lakes Scrip since 2012 to provide a simple way for you to benefit St. Paul’s while making your regular purchases – groceries, home improvements, gasoline, household products, dining out, travel, and so much more!
Scrip certificates are gift cards (or occasionally gift certificates) that can be used like cash at your favorite stores, restaurants, and on-line retailers. Scrip also makes a great gift! You purchase scrip through St. Paul’s at face value and St. Paul's receives a rebate (generally 2 to 15 percent). To date, we’ve earned thousands of dollars with a handful of families participating.
Our most popular gift cards are:
- Giant Food ($25, $50, or $100)
- Weis Market ($25 or $100)
- Sheetz ($25 or $100)
- Walmart ($25, $100, or $250)
More than 600 retailers – grocery stores, gas stations, big-box chains, restaurants, and online retailers – participate in scrip (view the full list of participating retailers). Since nearly every household spends hundreds of dollars per month going about their daily business, St. Paul’s can generate income from the regular spending habits of church members and friends. You place an order and pay for the scrip, then pick up your order the following week. Go shopping using scrip instead of cash or credit cards. It’s that easy! There are no sign-up fees or minimum order levels.
How Do I Order Scrip?
St. Paul's orders scrip on the FIRST SUNDAYS of each month. Orders placed by noon are available for pick-up the following Sunday in the reception area outside the church parlor during Coffee Fellowship time.
There are two ways to place an order:
- Online Ordering: Email Judy Geschwindner at email@example.com to get the St. Paul’s UMC and Wesley Foundation Enrollment Code. Then log on to www.shopwithscrip.com and register for online ordering. It’s fast and easy. Once you register, you can place an order at your convenience. If you’re paying by check (made payable to St. Paul’s UMC with ‘scrip’ in the memo line), print your order and place it, along with your check, in the SCRIP ORDER BOX located on the windowsill outside the church office by noon on the first or third Sunday. You can also pay by authorizing an electronic funds transfer from your bank account with PrestoPay. If you use PrestoPay, you won’t need to print or place your order in the scrip order box at the church.
- Paper Order Form: Fill out the paper order form and place it, along with your check (made payable to St. Paul’s UMC with ‘scrip’ in the memo line) in the SCRIP ORDER BOX located on the windowsill outside the church office by noon on the first or third Sunday.